An IP receiver that acknowledges and passes reports to third party monitoring software.
SmartCare® Relay is Comma Separated Value (CSV) receiver software designed for monitoring alarm panels that report using data via cellular modules or an internet connection. SmartCare® Relay creates an efficient, reliable reporting pathway for all alarm events, including polling and alarm activations.
SmartCare® Relay receives the Contact ID reports over TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) using CSV protocol and communicates this information to your monitoring centre software by mimicking a standard analogue receiver; either Ademco 685 Receiver over TCP, Ademco 685 Receiver over Serial/RS232, or FE-900 Receiver over TCP.
When a report is sent from the alarm via data, the unit CSID number and Contact ID codes are passed through SmartCare® Relay to your monitoring software.
How it works
- An alarm panel sends an event to SmartCare Relay utilising Contact ID in CSV format.
- SmartCare® Relay forwards this on to your monitoring software.
- Your monitoring software confirms accurate reception of this signal to SmartCare® Relay software.
- SmartCare® Relay then confirms back to the alarm panel. If the alarm does not receive a confirmation, it will continue to try connecting with the monitoring centre.
Contact ID in CSV
Contact ID mimic of FE 900 or ADEMCO 685
- SmartCare® Relay has been exhaustively tested and will monitoring over 40,000 alarm panels polling every 60-90 seconds.
- SmartCare® Relay has the capacity to receive over 1,000 simultaneous reports per second. Through-put limiting can be set to prevent overloading your monitoring software. When the limit is reached, additional reports are dropped, forcing the alarm panels to reattempt connection.
- SmartCare® Relay has a heartbeat between monitoring software and itself to ensure it is constantly in communication. Monitoring software will alert when it is not available.
- Chiptech regularly tests SmartCare® Relay’s external communication to ensure it is stable. If no connection is detected, SmartCare® Relay stops the heartbeat to the monitoring software, generating an alert at the monitoring centre.
- SmartCare® Relay runs on Windows Service and the minimum hardware requirements below must be meet to ensure it operates as expected.
Interested in how this software can work for your organisation?
For more information on how to utilise SmartCare® Relay to future proof your personal emergency response offering, please contact us.