Cancelling an Alert
To cancel an alert, press and hold one side button on GOcard during the pre-alarm period. GOcard will say “cancelled.”
If the alert has already sent, simply speak to the operator and let them know you do not require assistance.
GOcard is designed to provide its voice messages only during day time hours, so that you will not be disturbed at night. If you send an alert for help during the night, GOcard will operate as per usual with the pre-alarm sequence and voice messages.
If the battery is detected as being low at night it will flash orange. It will not vibrate or make any sounds.
If your GOcard beeps continually this indicates it is not functioning as expected, please contact your provider immediately.
To enable Flight Mode, press and hold one of the side buttons for 10 seconds until this voice message plays: “Flight Mode enabled. All functions suspended until button press or placed on a charger.” To disable Flight Mode press one side button on GOcard (this will start a system check), or place it on a charger. If you require help, press and hold two side buttons to send an emergency alert, this will
override Flight Mode.
GOcard is supplied with:
- A wireless charger, plug pack and cable.
- A step-by-step user guide.
- Customisable lanyard and label.
- 97mm x 57mm x 8.5mm (L x W x H).
- Software and configuration changes are available through Chiptech’s SmartCare® Cloud.
- Operating temperature of 0˚C to + 50˚C.
- IP54 dust proof and splash protected.
Battery and Charging
- Voice messages and lights indicate when battery is low, at approx 20% capacity, and the low battery is reported to monitoring.
- When your battery is low, GOcard will periodically play the following voice message; “Low battery, please place me on the charger today.” GOcard will flash orange.
- When your battery is critically low, GOcard will periodically play the following voice message; “Critically low battery, please place me on the charger immediately. An alert may fail.” GOcard will flash red.
- Messages will only play during daytime hours 7am to 7pm.
- Recharging takes approximately 3 to 5 hours.
- Following a low battery report; once charging and battery is greater than 3.7V, a battery charging report will be sent to monitoring.
- Battery life expectancy: approximately 80% capacity can be expected after 350 -500 charges (when charged in temperature of 25°C and fully discharged between cycles), and when the battery is less than 3-5 years old.
- The inductive wireless charger, USB cable and plug pack supplied with each GO device are Qi compliant.
- Contact ID reporting via CSV over cellular data (4 destination addresses, using a combination of static IP addresses and DNS).
- Automated self testing and a test signal is sent on the 3G network at a defined period of time.
- Installer menu and setting options are available when placed on charger. Volume can be changed or manual Cloud Connection enabled.
- Flight Mode is available for transporting purposes.
- Single SIM with 3G data reporting on your selected network.
- AUS operates on either Telstra, Vodafone, or Optus.
- NZ operates on either Spark, Vodafone or 2Degrees.
- Penta-Band 3G 800/850/900/1900/2100 MHz module (UMTS/ HSPA).
- Telstra approved cellular module.
- Location provided through assisted and autonomous GPS methods.
- Periodic updates of GPS location are sent until the emergency event is completed.
- GPS co-ordinates are transmitted via cellular data to SmartCare® Locate or other GPS mapping platform.