Chiptech Limited, and its related company Chiptech International Limited (“us”, “we” or “our”), takes its obligations in relation to privacy seriously.
This Policy provides information in relation to the basis upon which we collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information. Personal Information is information relating to an individual which can be used to identify that individual or which is linked to an identified individual, and any other information that is defined as Personal Information by any relevant law.
This Policy applies to your use of our website https://www.chiptech.co.nz. Where you work for one of our customer organisations, this Policy also applies to our Web Portal, our SmartCare ® software services or other services relating to our telecare products (together the “services”). By accessing or using our website or services you agree to the terms of this Policy.
This Policy also applies to Personal Information provided to us in the course of our relationship with our customer organisations.
1. Updates to this Policy
- We will review this Policy from time to time to make sure it takes into account new laws and technology, and any changes to how we operate.
- Should we decide to change our Policy we will post all changes on our website so that you are always kept up to date.
- Use and disclosure of Personal Information collected from you is subject to the Policy in effect at the time such Personal Information is collected, unless otherwise agreed.
2. Collection of Personal Information
- The Personal Information we collect and hold includes (but is not limited to): your login details (for the Web Portal and relevant SmartCare® software services), name, email, phone number, address and organisation name. We may also collect any Personal Information contained in the content of your communications with us.
- We collect your Personal Information when you provide it to us, when you contact us, including if you use the query form on our website, when you use our services, and when you interact with the surveys or marketing communications we send you. Our website and services may automatically collect log information about your access to our services, including time of access, IP address, browser type, device identifiers and error messages. This information may be collected through third party tools.
- Your Personal Information may also be collected from your organisation, where it is authorised by you to provide it, or as otherwise permitted by any relevant privacy laws.
- Our website or services may also state other ways in which we collect Personal Information from you, for example when you use SmartCare® Locate, we may request to collect your device location.
- If you do not provide the Personal Information we ask you to provide, or it is incorrect, we may not be able to provide the requested services, respond to an enquiry, or contact you.
3. Personal Information of Others
- If you provide us with Personal Information relating to someone else in your organisation you warrant you are authorised to do so and that you have ensured the individual is aware of the information in this Policy. If you provide us Personal Information about others, or if others give us your Personal Information, we will only use that Personal Information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us, or as otherwise permitted by relevant privacy laws.
4. Social Media
- We also use third party social media services like Linkedin and Twitter. Your use of these third party services is entirely optional. We may make use of any information that you make available to us or which you make public when you use any such third party services for the purposes of our business.
- All third party services are governed by the privacy policies and/or practices of the relevant third party, for which we are not responsible. If you do not want to provide Personal Information to any of those third parties, or make information available to us and others, you should not use their particular service.
5. Purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information
- We may collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to conduct our business, which may include reviewing, analysing and improving our services and our processes;
- making available to you relevant documents from the Web Portal, or other services you have requested;
- meeting our obligations in, exercising our rights under, or enforcing, our terms and conditions or the contract with your organisation;
- selling a substantial part, or all, of our business to a third party;
- to send you our newsletters, surveys or marketing communications (where you have consented to receiving such communications);
- to take any action in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and us, or between you and any other person with respect to our business;
- to otherwise protect our interests in our property, our legal rights, or those of others, including to detect, investigate, prevent or address fraud, security or technical issues, or if we have good reason to believe there is an imminent threat of death or injury or a serious threat to health and safety;
- to comply with our legal obligations; and
- any other purpose made known to you when collecting the Personal Information.
- Other sections of this Policy also set out other specific situations in which your information is collected, used and disclosed.
- We may use and disclose your Personal Information for any of these purposes, in any circumstances authorised by relevant privacy legislation, or in any other manner with your consent.
6. Surveys and Marketing Communications
- We use third parties to assist us to send you our surveys and marketing communications. We provide those third parties with your name and relevant contact information. Such third parties may be offshore, and may not be subject to privacy laws as comprehensive as in your country of residence.
- Where surveys and marketing communications we initiate are sent by electronic means the relevant third party (where applicable) will collect your responses to the survey and information about your interaction with the communication. The information collected includes whether you opened the email, the links you clicked on, the web pages viewed and the dates and times of such access and activity. Information about the device used to access the survey or marketing communication may also be collected. The third party provides or makes available this information to us for the various purposes outlined in this Policy. They may also hold this information on our behalf.
- While these third parties are primarily collecting this information on our behalf, some of these third parties also use the information that we provide them and which is collected from your interaction with our surveys and marketing communications for their legitimate business interests, such as to provide, support and improve the services they provide and to undertake data analytics projects. However, we do not permit them to use your Personal Information to market their or any other person’s services to you.
- The third parties that we currently use for these purposes are SurveyMonkey and MailChimp. SurveyMonkey and MailChimp are both located in the United States. To understand the ways SurveyMonkey and MailChimp collect, hold, use and disclose such Personal Information, please read their privacy policies:
- If you do not agree with how MailChimp will handle your Personal Information then you will need to unsubscribe from receiving marketing communications from us. You may unsubscribe from receiving marketing communications from us in accordance with the unsubscribe facility in any email sending you marketing communications.
- If you do not agree with how SurveyMonkey will handle your Personal Information then you will need to contact us in accordance with the Your Rights section below to confirm you wish to be removed from our survey list.
- We will not be able to provide surveys or marketing communications to you if you unsubscribe or do not agree to our use of third parties to assist us with our surveys or marketing communications.
8. Management of Personal Information
- Except as otherwise stated in this Policy, your Personal Information we collect is held by us. Our address is set out below.
- We may transfer Personal Information to third party providers (including technology providers, providers of business and marketing services and providers of software tools used by us in our business) to perform services on our behalf, to process the information for us, or hold it on our behalf. These third parties may be offshore, but we will not authorise them to use such information for their own purposes.
- We take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information we hold from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, for example by use of physical security and restricted access to electronic records. Our personnel are required to respect the confidentiality of Personal Information and the privacy of individuals.
- We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you or your organisation our services, to be able to address any claim that might be made after we stop providing services to your organisation, or to meet any legal obligations we have to retain such information, including managing our obligations to you in respect of these services. Where we no longer require your Personal Information for a permitted purpose, we will take reasonable steps to delete it.
9. Your Rights
- You have the right of access to, and correction of, your Personal Information. To access or correct any of your Personal Information, please contact us as follows:
Phone: +64 (3) 384 7788
Address: Chiptech Limited, 11a Settlers Crescent, Ferrymead, Christchurch 8023, New Zealand
- We endeavour to ensure that the Personal Information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If any of the Personal Information that you have provided to us changes we encourage you to contact us to update that Personal Information.
10. Governing Law
If you access our website or services within Australia, the governing law will be the laws of NSW, Australia. If you access our website or services from anywhere else in the world, the governing law will be the laws of New Zealand.
If a dispute arises between us and we cannot resolve it with you, then you may wish to contact the relevant Privacy Commissioner. If you are in Australia you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commission on firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, you can contact the New Zealand Office of the Privacy Commissioner on email@example.com.