every step of the way
GO Safe is a discrete wearable device to summon help in high-risk situations, where you may need assistance without attracting unwanted attention. It uses state-of-the-art 4G cellular and satellite locating technology.
A dual button press is used to activate a silent alert for help, vibration provides feedback to the user during the alerting process, and a responder can listen in through the inbuilt microphone. Location updates are sent to mapping software regularly*.
Designed to give a person who is alone, confidence that if they need it, help can be at hand.
Silent and Discrete
A dual button press is used to activate a silent alert for help, vibration provides you feedback during the alerting process, and a responder can listen through the inbuilt microphone.
GNSS is Faster. More Accurate.
Accurate location information is quickly sent to responders using GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System).
Small and Lightweight
Weighing only 34g, GO Safe is designed to be taken anywhere. Perfect as a wearable or attached to your keys.
0˚C to + 50˚C
With an operating temperature that will take you from the Snowy Mountains in New South Wales to Kings Park in Perth.
Hot water resistant up to 60˚C and dust proof.
The buttons on GO Safe are multifunctional
Pressing and holding two buttons together starts a silent duress alert
One button press and hold for 3 seconds* begins the System Check process
One button press and hold for 13 seconds* enables Flight Mode
Rapidly pressing a button at least 5 times* starts a loud medical emergency alert
Who is it for?
GO Safe is ideal for people who are at risk of an accident when working alone, or for people who work in the community and could be at risk of harm from others.
Domestic Violence Situations
GO Safe can help keep people safe who are at risk of domestic violence, the discrete alerting functionality of GO Safe means that help can be summoned without drawing attention to the fact that the user has requested it.
GO Safe is wirelessly charged to simplify the device handling for the wearer. The charging system has a USB C connection and the wireless charging has been improved to prevent unnecessary heat and wear. When placed on the charger GO Safe can announce “Charging” or beep. When the battery is charged, GO lights will change to green and it will send a ‘Battery Charged’ report.
Runs for approximately
with standard use
Charging takes approximately
from low to fully charged
More ways to wear
GO Safe Tech Specs
GO is supplied with:
- GO Safe pendant
- Stainless steel chain or Lanyard or Cord
- Split ring
- Wireless charger
- Plug pack
- USB-C cable
- User guide
- Fitted nano 4G SIM card
- Internal RFID tag
|GO-4 Size (LxWxH)
|67 x 47 x 13.5mm
|Packaged Size (LxWxH)
|Weight (All components)
|125 x 158 x 64mm
- Operating temperature of 0˚C to + 50˚C.
- IP67 and hot waterproof.
- Charging is typically required about once a fortnight and takes about two to three hours. When the battery is low, GO Safe will send a ‘low battery’ report.
- GO’s battery will need to be recharged after an alert.
- The battery level on GO Safe can also be checked at any time by activating a System Check, and this is initiated by pressing and holding one button for three seconds*.
- When placed on the charger GO Safe and the outer edge of the charger will illuminate blue to indicate charging has started. GO Safe can also beep or announce “Charging” * when placed on the charger. When charging is completed, the GO Safe light ring will change to green and the device will also send a ‘Battery Charged’ report.
- Charging takes approximately 2 to 3 hours, from low to fully charged.
- The GO Safe battery capacity is expected to reach approximately 80% capacity after 350 -500 charges when charged in temperatures of up to 25°C and being fully discharged between cycles, and when the battery is no more than three years old.
- The inductive wireless charging plate supplied with GO is Qi compliant.
The charging system is designed specifically for GO. Please do not change any parts of the charging system and do not use the charger with any other devices.
Place the charger on a flat surface and please make sure all parts of the charger are properly connected before use.
- Do not use the charger if any parts of the charging system are damaged.
- Do not place anything metal on top of the charger (including the chain).
- Do not cover the charger with any material.
- Do not place the charger in direct sunlight, recommended charging temperature between 10°C to 35°C.
- During charging GO can become warm to the touch.
- If you have a pacemaker, you should keep the wireless charger and GO at least 25cm away from your pacemaker during charging.
- Contact ID reporting via CSV over cellular data (4 destination addresses, using a combination of static IP addresses and DNS).
- Automated self testing and a test signal is sent on the 4G network at a defined period of time.
- Regular RF test transmission when learned into base unit.
- Installer menu and setting options are available when placed on charger. Volume can be changed, Fall Detection or manual Cloud Connection enabled. Flight Mode is available for transporting purposes.
- Fitted with a single Nano SIM with 4G data reporting on your selected network.
- Operates on Telstra Australia, Optus Australia, Spark, One NZ and 2Degrees.
- 4G Cat1 VoLTE using 4G cellular bands B3 (1800MHz) and B28 (700MHz)
- 1559 – 1606MHz GNSS Antenna.
- GPS locations are sent following user-initiated actions, or leaving a geofenced location (coming soon).
- Accurate GPS locating based on regular updates of both the ephemeris and almanac data for the Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS).
- GPS co-ordinates are transmitted via cellular data to SmartCare Locate or other GPS mapping platform.
- 100 metres+ typical in open air when paired with a Chiptech base unit, when at home.
- Emergency hand over range to the base unit is 300 metres+ in open air.
- Frequency: Australia 916MHz, New Zealand 869MHz.